Thursday, July 19, 2012

Catching Up!

It seems like months since I last blogged. So many things have been going on. Life happened and time seems to have gotten away.
This morning, I woke a little after five. I am not sure why..Lord knows I need the sleep. BUT..Danny is working nights and I hate to sleep alone. So, Seth and I have been sharing the couch. Yes, you heard me. I am "sharing" the couch with a 5'6, 150 pound, ALMOST teenager!! There is also another reason that I REFUSE to sleep in my room. IT IS A MESS! No reason to lie or sugarcoat it. We purchased a new bed frame and king sized mattress set in January. I chose not to purchase a complete set, because I loved my dresser and chest of drawers. The original bed was a SMALL queen and Danny and I just outgrew the darn thing. So, I chose just to purchase the bed..WITHOUT a headboard. Now I hate it! The bed isn't tall enough for me. I have yet to purchase new bedding (because I am tight when it comes to spending money on stuff like that..Ignorant, I know!), and it just looks and feels tacky. THERE! I said it! I admitted that I have a problem with the room!
Just so you know, and before you get to thinking that this post is about a bedroom re-do, let me stop you in mid-thought! Because this is about my hall/office/computer area!

In 2005, we added on to our home. Off of the kitchen, we added a long hallway and attached to that is a master bed/bathroom/walk-in closet. This hallway has to openings. In those openings, is a terrible excuse for an office. Honestly, I have a desk, two filing cabinets, a worthless bookshelf, craft cart, my Cricut with all of the vinyl, old printers and dvd players, ironing board, a lamp that doesn't work, etc. I'm sure you are getting my point! It is UGH!
So, as I was sitting here this morning, surfing through the MANY pages on Pinterest, I decided that I am going to RE-DO this area. When Danny built it, he painted everything WHITE..he's yet to finish the trim, and there are a million other things that need to be finished.

Today, I am picking up my Anna Grace. She is going to stay the night with me. So she and I will be making a trip to Wal-Mart and Lowes. I'm thinking a soft, medium blue on the walls and white trim. I'm wanting to find some inexpensive curtains and pretty rods to cover the openings. Maybe three clocks- each with the time stopped at the exact time each of my kids were born. And maybe a huge picture collage at the end of the hall??

Who knows what I will end up doing! All I know is that I have got to get some organization going on. School starts back on August 20th. From then until December 31, I will have NO FREE TIME to do anything.

I will post pics of the re-do, tho!

1 comment:

  1. YAY!! So how is the re-do going? I LOVE the idea of the clocks. That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete