Tuesday, June 26, 2012

My ADULT Child

Tonite I am going to blog about our first born, Derek William. He just turned 19 years old. He is a sweet child, awnry at times, and whether he will admit it or not, he is a MAMA'S BOY! The following paragraphs will explain..

He has forever said that he was moving out just as soon as he turned 18. Well, he graduated last year on May 20, 2011. He turned 18 on May 31, 2011. HE DIDN'T MOVE OUT!

So, he started his first year of college and resumed the "I'm gonna move out" madness again. Yet, he didn't move.

About two months ago, we heard it again. He even went as far as to bring home cardboard boxes from his place of employement. He even packed some things. He then called about renting a few apartments. But, he has a girlfriend. She, like my child, likes having nice things. He spoils her rotten! I wondered how he could support himself and spoil her at the same time. He has a great job, but he isn't very responsible with his cash. He gets that from his mama- ME!

Anyhoo, after packing, he suddenly decided that he wasn't moving out. You got it..he isn't leaving..AGAIN! Instead, he wants a BRAND NEW JEEP! So, what this means is that for at least another 60 months, he will be living here. And maybe longer..who knows?!

I am not complaining about him living here. He is a tremendous help to me and I would be totally lost without him. BUT, he doesn't keep a very clean room. Honestly, Lula has gone in there quite a few times and returned with a whole cheese stick or chicken strip. He would say I'm a fibber, but I am not. I am not the only one who saw it!

Yesterday, our air unit kind of froze up,  which caused it to flood Derek's room. The carpet was soaked! Keep in mind that this carpet has probably been in his room since the house was built in 1978. I'm not kidding one bit. It was ugly red shag carpet. And Danny is so frugle. He has refused to replace it. But, the flood gave us an excuse to rip it up, and that, we did!

I was terrified to see the carpet under his bed. I imagined what it would look like, and Landen confirmed my thoughts. He said," It looks like he poured a lot of Worchestshire sauce in his carpet!". Now you can understand what I am taking about.

Anyway, the carpet is gone and his room is ALMOST clean. His sweet girlfriend, MK, came over and helped me put his clean bedding on. He showered and hit the clean sheets. The two of them are going to Memphis tomorrow, so I will be finishing his room.

It looks as if this will be my job from now on. I don't mind tho. I do enjoy having my #1 here with me.

Mandi

No comments:

Post a Comment