Friday, June 15, 2012

Spring Break

Last summer, my kids and I went with some family to Mt View, AR. To say that we had a good time, doesn't touch it. Not even close. Landen LOVED all of the old shops, but especially loved the military supply store. And Seth has an old soul anyway, so he fit right in!
So, when Spring Break rolled around, Danny and I decided we would take the two boys for a few days. We rented a cabin that was WAY up in the mountains. WAY UP!
I just LOVE this next pic of my boys. They are HAMS!

We spent some time on the square just looking around...

Landen enjoying his fresh lemonade :)

and Seth thinks drinking out of these glass soda bottles is the COOLEST THING EVER!

We just happened to have the most handsome chauffeur that weekend!

We toured the caverns (and I forgot my camera in the car), and then visited the little "water area" afterwards.
My boys really enjoyed exploring this area. I, on the other hand, was a little afraid for my boys!

Here are the boys with their daddy..
We had to go to dinner at Jo Jo's Catfish Wharf. Honestly, the food is wonderful. My family could pass on the fish, and only eat the brown beans, chow chow, and bite-sized hush puppies!


We went to the Old Country Store. I got to looking for Seth, and I found him in the corner of the store. He had a guitar and was pickin and a grinin with an older man. Turns out, the man visited and worked in our hometown area as a child. It's a small world! And this just happens to be one of my favorite pictures from our trip. Seth was as happy as a hog in slop!


All in all, we had a great weekend. All that was missing were Derek and Lula. I am sure that we will be going back really soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment